Not That Kat

Knitting, spinning, dyeing, fiber obsession, occasional beading with a chance of soap.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Back at last

After a much-longer-than-anitcipated span without internet access, I am back online. In the interim, there has been much progress on the knitting front.

The Maple Leaf socks were finished last week:



















This picture doews not show the leaves off nearly as well as they appear in reality. If I make this pattern again, I probably will try making the leaves in a contrasting color.

I finished the center panel on my shawl, picked up an insane number of stitches around the sides, and have started working on the border. Actually, I'm about halfway done the border and am working on designing the edging pattern.










I started a new summer sweater/top for myself, probably my last sizable item for me before I hit the fall/holiday gift knitting as hard and fast as I can.














And finally, as if that wasn't enough, last night I dug out the honking huge ball of crochet cotton I bought a few weeks back (Hershey's kiss in foreground for scale):

















and cast on the first of a pair of kitchen curtains I promised my sister for a housewarming present:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisathemom said...

Great job on the socks! All of your projects look great! Can't wait to see the curtains.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home