Not That Kat

Knitting, spinning, dyeing, fiber obsession, occasional beading with a chance of soap.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Joiner?

I've never been much of a joiner. I've not been much for following the crowd. I tend to go my own way, follow my own interests. If others travel the same path, I'm happy to have the company. But I've never been one to go out and do something just because everyone else does.

This may be why I have yet to knit a Clapotis. (and too many other projects to name) This may change after the holiday knitting gets done, as I've been eyeing it a lot lately and think I've found a great yarn for one.

Along that same vein, I haven't been a KAL kinda girl up to now. It's not that I don't like them, or that I don't want to. I acutally like the concept of many people working on the same project, helping each other through the problem spots, etc.

It is just that they so rarely seem to coincide with my knitting plans. I see a lot of KAL's for things I want to knit... eventually, in the near future, etc. But by the time I get around to this or that project, everyone else seems to have moved on to the NEXT BIG THING.

So I was surprised when I found the ballet camisole KAL recently formed, for a project I was not just planning to knit, but actually had in the prime "on deck, next up" position. Of course, I immediately signed up. I just need to get some measurements on my niece for correct sizing and I'm good to go.

I also joined Sock Wars, because... it just sounds like too much fun. Even if I get knocked out early, which I probably will, it will still be a blast.

So maybe I am becoming a joiner after all these years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home